The effective poverty fighter understands the importance of developing TRUSTING RELATIONSHIPS with those in need.
Did you know that low-income adults are…
- 27% more likely to be lonely.
- 47% more likely to say they have no one to call in an emergency.
- 20% more likely to say they have no close friends at all.
- (Stats courtesy of True Charity Initiative).
How does Connect work?
In an effort to help build affiliation & bonding in our adult clients lives, we give them the option of being connected with an individual mentor or local church body. Clients are always paired with mentors of the same gender. Our goal is for clients to have healthy and trustworthy relationships centered around Jesus.
The role of a mentor:
- Be a solid Christ-like example.
- Provide wisdom, sound advice, stability, accountability, and spiritual support.
- Be a reliable listening ear and a friend.
- Initiate regular communication and face to face meetings.
- Show love and compassion.