The effective poverty fighter understands the importance of developing trusting relationships with those in need.
A recent Harvard University study reveals the following regarding loneliness in America: 36% of respondents reported serious loneliness—feeling lonely “frequently” or “almost all the time or all the time.”
In an effort to fight loneliness, we give our clients the option of being paired up with a local church body that they can connect with. Additionally, many struggle with their self-worth and tragically suffer in isolation.
How does Connect work?
- We present the option of Connect to our clients when applicable.
- If a client is interested, we pass on their name, current residence, phone #, and email to a church nearest to them within our Connect Church Network.
- Then, the church starts the Connect process:
- Set up a time to meet, or personally invite them to church or a church event.
- Get to know them.
- Build a trusting relationship.
- Integrate them into the body of Christ.
If your church would like to partner with us to conquer loneliness:
- Call or email: (717) 208-3711, ext.102 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a CVCCS client struggling with loneliness:
- Fill out the Connect Card below & we’ll have a local church within our Connect Church Network reach out to you.