The effective poverty fighter understands the importance of developing trusting relationships with those in need.
Did you know that low-income adults are…
- 27% more likely to be lonely.
- 47% more likely to say they have no one to call in an emergency.
- 20% more likely to say they have no close friends at all.
- (Stats courtesy of our friends at True Charity Initiative).
A post-pandemic Harvard University study revealed the following regarding loneliness:
- 36% of respondents reported serious loneliness—feeling lonely “frequently” or “almost all the time or all the time.”
How does Connect work?
In an effort to fight loneliness, we give our clients the option of being paired up with a local church body that they can CONNECT with:
- We present the option of Connect to our clients when applicable.
- If a client is interested, we pass on their name, current residence, phone #, and email to a church nearest to them within our Connect Church Network.
- Then, the church starts the Connect process:
- Set up a time to meet, or personally invite them to church or a church event.
- Get to know them.
- Build a trusting relationship.
- Integrate them into the body of Christ.
If your church would like to partner with us to conquer loneliness:
- Call or email Rev. Jon Barrett, Executive Director: (717) 208-3711, ext.102 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a CVCCS client struggling with loneliness:
- Fill out the Connect Card below & we’ll have a local church within our Connect Church Network reach out to you.
An asterisk (*) appears next to all required fields.